Tuesday 30 October 2012

Lunch Date


One of our recent walks took us past Tom’s Fritten; a chip wagon that sells the absolute best french fries I have ever tasted. Honest. The place is about a 20 minute walk from our apartment, and yes, they are worth the 20 minute walk. The place offers hand-cut, hand-made, peel-still-on fries made to order. The generous portions can then be topped with your choice of 20+ sauces. Everything from plain old ketchup & mayo (yuck) to peanut to gremolata to….what ever.


I ordered Jägersoße (Hunter sauce) and Erwin ordered Indisches (Indian) curry. 

Just as I was polishing off my serving I had a guest brazenly plunk themselves down and ask if they could have some too. Being a total animal lover, even if their table manners leave something to be desired, I gave my last fry to this little darling.


If you look closely at the picture you’ll see that he/she has only one eye. Which may be either the reason or the result of his brazenness. Either way he was way too adorable. So I quickly fumbled for my camera, hoping he wouldn't startle and fly off before I snapped these few pics.






He quickly realized that I was finished, (Erwin had finished his too so I couldn't steal any from his dish) and flew off without so much as a “thanks for lunch.” But, his visit to our table still made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment